Biography

This is the diary of me, myself and I; as I am taking the journey to find my inner guidance. I am guided by Gabrielle Bernstein's book "Add More ~ing To Your Life." As I follow Gabrielle's equation to truly finding my ~ing, I will document everything and share it with you.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Runn~ing



So yesterday while I was at work, my officemate handed me a big white envelope she had just picked up from the mail guy. I was kind of surprised when it had my name on it because I know I did not order anything. So I decided to open the envelope like many people would do - and to my surprise it was a silver medal!! The other week I had participated in a 5K race at work called "Walk/Run For Fun." This was put on by our health services and another department. Ofcourse the race was held on one fo the hottest days of the week but about 50ish or so people showed up for this! You could either walk one mile around our site, run a mile or the 5K. I decided to run the 5K portion with a few other interns. I am really not one to compete with racing but this was an intense race! And never did I expect to be given a medal as well! So that totally made my day by getting this - especially since it was unexpected.

So basically what I am trying to say is that it's the little things that mean the most. This medal was so unexpected that it totally made my day 100 times better. Plus it is the fact I was even recognized for this. Now my name is on the wall in the gym downstairs for coming in second place in this race. How cool is that?!

3 comments:

  1. VERY COOL! - things like that are THE best ever!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! You should be SO proud of yourself!

    P.S.- You have an adorable blog and I can't wait to read more : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl!! Your blog is adorable as well! Where do you come up with all of your ideas for it? I feel like its so hard sometimes trying to write, but maybe thats just me.

    ReplyDelete