Biography

This is the diary of me, myself and I; as I am taking the journey to find my inner guidance. I am guided by Gabrielle Bernstein's book "Add More ~ing To Your Life." As I follow Gabrielle's equation to truly finding my ~ing, I will document everything and share it with you.



Friday, June 4, 2010

Garden~ing






Gabrielle states that "true happiness comes from within." With this we are able to feel happy and feel better about ourselves. This is what the first chapter is about in "Add More ~ing To your Life." In order to feel happy we have to basically feel our feelings - especially those we do not want to feel.
Well with this, I tried something new that allowed me to feel my feelings basically. It was a hot, sunny day and my mom needed help with some of the gardening around our house. Normally I would pass and do something else, but this day I was feeling more inspired to try to something totally new. I know, as weird as it sounds I have never really gardened before. But that day was my first ... and let me tell you I have never been more happy to get my hands dirty. It was one of the best feelings I have had in a while. I was planting my own garden in the backyard - and to me it was like a new life was forming. Weird but true. This activity made me think about certain things in my life - mainly positive happy ones - and I realized that activities like these are ones that you should try to do every day. After gardening, the rest of my day just seemed better and brighter - I gave in to those feelings and let new ones out as I was working on the garden.

The pictures above are the garden I planted the other day :) XO

No comments:

Post a Comment