Biography

This is the diary of me, myself and I; as I am taking the journey to find my inner guidance. I am guided by Gabrielle Bernstein's book "Add More ~ing To Your Life." As I follow Gabrielle's equation to truly finding my ~ing, I will document everything and share it with you.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Overview~ing #2

Here's more!

Chapter 4: Mirroring - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Let me ask you a question - is there someone in your life that really gets underneath your skin? This chapter helps you to understand that the reason why these people are pushing your buttons or getting under your skin is because they are mirroring something inside of YOU. As the book states, this may sound very crazy to some people but after reading this chapter I started to agree with what Gabrielle was saying! A better way to understand this is that if you are happy and have a positive outlook on life - then the Universe will reflect this back on you like a mirror. But in order to understand it with those people who get under your skin - take a look at how they are acting and see if you are acting the same way towards them. A mirror never lies you know...

Chapter 5: Releasing - Romantic Illusions
This is the chapter I learned a great deal from. This chapter explains that you should NOT glorify your significant other as the only source of happiness in your life. This is something I have done in the past - hence why I learned a lot from Gabrielle. But instead of looking at your significant other as the best thing in the entire world and your only source of happiness (though you may feel that way sometimes), there are other relationships you should concentrate on. The book calls these types of relationships "holy relationships." These means that you look at special relationships of all kinds in your life as a whole and not one part. you should look in other places for happiness instead of one single person. Get moving and find some ~ing activites that make you happy!

Chapter 6: Climbing - ~ing You Way to Higher Thoughts
This chapter is explains that you should stop waking up with all of these negatives thoughts in your head. If you wake up with these negative thoughts, then your whole day is going to be filled with all of these negative thoughts. I'm sorry but who wants to go a whole day thinking about negative things? I know it happens to everyone, every once and a while but sometimes it just has to stop! Gabrielle explains that you should take atleast 5-10 minutes each day once you wake up to write down positive thoughts that will help carry you through the day. Another way to think about this put a rubber band around your wrist - the next time you think of any negative thoughts snap the rubber band to help you get out of that negative thought process.

This is all I have read so far - so more overview~ing will be headed your way!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment